Financial Daily from THE HINDU group of publications
Friday, Apr 02, 2004

Cross Currency

Group Sites

Corporate - Announcements
Industry & Economy - Petroleum

Reliance, Niko find gas in K-G Basin

Our Bureau

Mumbai , April 1

RELIANCE Industries Ltd and partner Niko Resources have made two new gas discoveries at the D-6 deepwater block in the Krishna-Godavari basin in the Bay of Bengal. The two partners had announced year 2002's largest gas find of 14 trillion cubic feet in the same block.

The press release issued by project partner Niko Resources said gas was found in the K-1 and K-2, the ninth and tenth consecutive successful wells drilled in the 1.9 million acre D-6 Block.

Reliance Industries has 90 per cent stake in the D-6 block while Niko Resources has the remaining 10 per cent.

The K-2 discovery well, located east of the Dhirubhai field, flowed gas at a constrained rate of about 30 million cubic feet per day during testing. The well, located in 992 metres of water, was drilled to a total depth of 2,220 metres.

The K-1 well, drilled in 1,031 metres of water to a total depth of 2,531 metres, also encountered gas although the company has not given details.

More Stories on : Announcements | Petroleum

Article E-Mail :: Comment :: Syndication :: Printer Friendly Page

Stories in this Section
Reliance, Niko find gas in K-G Basin

Godavari Fert ceases to be CFL subsidiary
Orchid's anti-diabetic molecule clears clinical trials
Continental to source tyre tubes from Metro
No clearance to ChemPlast Krishnapatnam unit
Assocham plea to abolish MAT
Bharat Petroleum announces VRS
Tata Steel, workers' union in pact for JUSCO transfer
Spanco issue
Kerala Cabinet okays Trayons promoter's revival plan
LG bullish on India; plans to triple growth
Philips India aims 100 pc growth in 5 yrs — Proposes to sell HTP unit
Tata Steel output touches 4 million tonnes
Hero Honda sales cross two-million mark in a year
MMTC Singapore arm posts record turnover — Makes foray into sophisticated, competitive markets
Maruti sales rise 30 pc in 2003-04
HPC, subsidiary post Rs 870-cr combined turnover
Bajaj Auto sales rise 26 pc
BEML posts Rs 1,771-cr sales turnover
TVS Motor sales grow at 2.5 pc
Ford India scores record sales in March
HAL registers record turnover at Rs 3,690 cr
New VSP Director
Coke gets reprieve in Kerala

The Hindu Group: Home | About Us | Copyright | Archives | Contacts | Subscription
Group Sites: The Hindu | Business Line | Sportstar | Frontline | The Hindu eBooks | The Hindu Images | Home |

Copyright 2004, The Hindu Business Line. Republication or redissemination of the contents of this screen are expressly prohibited without the written consent of The Hindu Business Line