Financial Daily from THE HINDU group of publications
Wednesday, Jun 16, 2004

Cross Currency

Group Sites

Industry & Economy - Petroleum

Reliance plans to invest $1.3 b in Krishna Godavari gas field

Our Bureau

New Delhi , June 15

RELIANCE Industries Ltd (RIL) has filed a plan with the Government to develop the `D6' gas field located off the coast of Andhra Pradesh. In its proposal, the company has said that in the first phase, entailing an investment of $500 million, 14 million standard cubic metres per day (mmscmd) production would commence from August 2006. In the second phase, $800 million would be invested, leading to a higher production of 40 mmscmd by 2008-09. Reliance has a 90 per cent stake in the D6 gas block in the Krishna Godavari basin, with the remaining 10 per cent held by Niko Resources, a Canadian firm.

The first phase production would find its way to National Thermal Power Corporation's (NTPC) proposed 1,300 MW-each power plants at Kawas and Gandhar. RIL recently bagged a contract for supply of gas to the power projects for a 17-year period. The energy major would be laying a pipeline from Kakinada to Uran for transporting the gas to the power stations.

In the second phase, the additional gas recovered from the reserve would be supplied to the Reliance's 3,500 MW power station that is proposed to be set up in Dadri, Uttar Pradesh.

The production would be enhanced to 60 mmscmd if RIL bags NTPC's tender for supply of gas to its proposed 2,300 MW power plant at Kayamkulam, Kerala.

More Stories on : Petroleum

Article E-Mail :: Comment :: Syndication :: Printer Friendly Page

Stories in this Section
Union Budget to be presented on July 8

12th Finance Commission term extended
Activists vow to keep Coke plant shutters down
Kochi Corpn to set up 100-t waste plant
`Vehicle emissions largest source of lead exposure'
Kochi Corporation plan to protect coastal areas
World Bank allots $950 million for health schemes
`Central PSEs major contributors to economic growth'
Petrol dearer by Rs 2, LPG Rs 20 — Diesel price up Re 1; kerosene untouched
Reliance plans to invest $1.3 b in Krishna Godavari gas field
Tata Power gets trading licence
Call for dilution of inter-State criteria for mega power status
Paswan promises revival of SAIL's alloy steel plant
Textile and apparel sector — `Revival of supply chain key to be competitive in post-quota regime'
Large textile players seek status quo on Cenvat chain — Vaghela to meet Chidambaram
Indo-French workshop on groundwater dynamics in Hyderabad
Coal prices hiked 16.7 pc
CIL setting up subsidiary for global operations
Education fairs in East Africa to lure foreign students
CLE plans road shows in 3 European countries to promote leather exports
FAPCCI office-bearers
Plea for passport office in Mangalore
AEPC fashion show in US cities nets Rs 100-cr orders
Udupi engineering students develop driverless car
Govt withdraws dumping duty on metcoke
Kerala Govt revises ice factory workers' wages
In Thiruvananthapuram today
Sensitive items import up 23%
EPCs to aim for 15 pc export growth
'Allow exporters to get payments in rupees'
Bengal's share in exports to go up to 9 pc
Review food adulteration Act: Chamber
Anti-Enron activist Pradyumna Kaul dead
KSEB PG Engineers Assn office-bearers elected

The Hindu Group: Home | About Us | Copyright | Archives | Contacts | Subscription
Group Sites: The Hindu | Business Line | Sportstar | Frontline | The Hindu eBooks | The Hindu Images | Home |

Copyright 2004, The Hindu Business Line. Republication or redissemination of the contents of this screen are expressly prohibited without the written consent of The Hindu Business Line