This may become the mother of all buys on plastic money!

In a first, Tata Housing Development Company Ltd is going digital for the three-day ‘Great Online Shopping Festival’, being organised by its partner Google to woo prospective buyers of houses and encourage them to book a flat or apartment by the company. They can conveniently pay the ‘small’ booking amount of Rs 20,000 through a credit or debit card.

Since it is a 30:70 scheme, they can pay 30 per cent of the total amount within 45 days of booking and the rest 70 per cent post-possession, an official said.

Price

On offer are nearly 350 flats/apartments in Bangalore, Ahmedabad and Pune where the company is developing four projects. The price will vary from Rs 18 lakh for a one-BHK flat to Rs 50 lakh for a two-BHK apartment. There will also be three BHK flats on offer, Pawan Sarda, Head, Marketing and Product Development, Tata Housing and Development Company Ltd, told Business Line on Tuesday.

Google India had run a one-day festival last year, too, but without a real estate partner. “This year, they came to us for partnership, which we found attractive.” Already, Sarda said, 30-35 per cent bookings now take place online. All three cities where it is developing projects — Bangalore, Ahmedabad and Pune — are seen as online-savvy places. Tata Housing is developing these projects, New Haven (Bangalore), New Haven Compact (Ahmedabad), and La Montana and Inora Park (both in Pune), on a priority basis.

Internet is influencing consumer behaviour as 7 out of 10 buyers know the exact brand and model they want to buy with the help of online research, says a study by Google India.

Consumers, while selecting an apartment, can take a virtual tour of the property online

(This article was published on December 10, 2013)
XThese are links to The Hindu Business Line suggested by Outbrain, which may or may not be relevant to the other content on this page. You can read Outbrain's privacy and cookie policy here.