India monsoon: A spectacular & punishing opening
Jun 18, 2013
Even as the authorities grapple with the havoc wreaked by the torrential rains in Uttarakhand, the India Meteorological Department has warned that more rains are in the offing. The IMD has predicted that the overall rains during the current monsoon season would be normal at 98 per cent for the country and that it would be well distributed across the nation. The South-West monsoon has covered the entire country at least a fortnight ahead of schedule.
Related: Uttarakhand flood rescue efforts delayed, thousands still stranded Related: Uttarakhand Floods: Survivors recount horror of witnessing landslide, flood Related: 556 bodies recovered in Uttarakhand Related: It was like Shiva dancing in rage: former Karnataka Minister Related: Landslides, floods claim 65 lives in N. India Related: Monsoon havoc claims over 130 lives in North
1. Comments will be moderated by The Hindu Business Line editorial team.
2. Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
3. Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters,
or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text.
(example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not 'the', n is not 'and').
4. We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
5. Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.