Himachal tragedy: Cloud over VNR VJIET college
Jun 9, 2014
'Tamasoma Jyotirgamaya' says the prominent board outside the VNR Vigyan Jyoti Institute of Engineering and Technology. Nestled amidst tall and shady trees on the Bachupally-Miyapur Road on the outskirts of Hyderabad City, the institute seems to have been immersed in sepulchral silence.
Its imposing red-coloured gates and the huge granite figure of Lord Hanuman at the entrance only add to the mood.
Given the summer vacation, only few students and faculty are to be seen in the campus. But clearly, the drowning of 24 students has benumbed and shaken everyone; refusing to be drawn into an conversation, they stand in groups talking among themselves in hushed tones.
Photos & text by PV Sivakumar
Related: Himachal tragedy: Andhra Pradesh CM asks to deploy Navy in search operations Related: Beas tragedy: One more body recovered, search enters 4th day Related: Himachal tragedy: Parents of 15 students leave for Delhi Related: Himachal tragedy: A competitive response from two new states Photo Gallery:Himachal tragedy: Cloud over VNR VJIET college Related: Telangana Home Minister, Police team leave for Himachal Pradesh Related: Himachal tragedy: Search on for missing students
1. Comments will be moderated by The Hindu Business Line editorial team.
2. Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
3. Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters,
or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text.
(example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not 'the', n is not 'and').
4. We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
5. Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.