The Haryana Government today said it would examine the Delhi court judgement in the JBT scam to decide on the fate of 3,206 teachers who had been illegally recruited.
The teachers who were illegally recruited as a result of the JBT scam should not be allowed to remain in their jobs, the court had said yesterday while handing down a 10-year imprisonment to former Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala, his son Ajay Chautala and eight others.
Answering presspersons’ questions at a press conference here, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said, “We will examine the judgement to decide on the fate of the JBT teachers.”
The State Government is awaiting the copy of the judgement, he added.
Hooda also said he does not see the judgement as a matter of political gain or loss.
On January 16, the court had held 78-year-old Chautala, his son Ajay and 53 others guilty of illegally recruiting 3,206 junior basic trained (JBT) teachers in the State in 2000.