Statistical highlights of the Group A match between Sri Lanka and Australia at the ICC Champions Trophy here.
* Mitchell Johnson’s excellent figures of three for 48 are the best by an Australian bowler against Sri Lanka in the ICC Champions Trophy.
* Matthew Wade (31 off 23 balls) has recorded his highest score in England in ODIs. The said innings is also his highest score in the ICC Champions Trophy.
* Adam Voges (49 off 62 balls) has established an Australian record for the highest individual innings against Sri Lanka in the ICC Champions Trophy, outstripping Shane Warne’s 36 off 69 balls at Colombo, RPS on September 27, 2002.
* Voges is the leading run-getter for Australia in the present tournament, totalling 135(ave 45.00) in three matches.
* Sri Lanka (253/8) has posted its highest total vs Australia in the ICC Champions Trophy, eclipsing the 163 for three at Colombo (RPS) on September 27, 2002.
* Sri Lanka have won both their games vs Australia in the ICC Champions Trophy – by 7 wickets at Colombo (RPS) on September 27, 2002 and by 20 runs at The Oval on June 17, 2013.
* Sri Lanka has reached for the semis in the ICC Champions Trophy 2013.
* Mahela Jayawardene has registered his 69th fifty in ODIs – his 16th vs Australia.
* Jayawardene is the third Sri Lankan after Sanath Jayasuriya and Kumar Sangakkara and the eighth to amass 11,000 runs in ODIs.
* With 1610 runs (ave 33.54) in 55 matches, Jayawardene has established a record for Sri Lanka vs Australia in ODIs, eclipsing Sangakkara’s tally of 1571 (ave 41.34) in 42 matches.
* Jayawardene became the first Sri Lankan batsman to complete 1000 runs in ODIs in England, totalling 1050 (ave 45.65) in 26 matches, including three centuries and four fifties.
* Jayawardene’s superb unbeaten 84 off 81 balls is the highest individual score by a Sri Lankan batsman against Australia in the ICC Champions Trophy.
* Jayawardene’s above knock is his highest in the ICC Champions Trophy. His tally of 704 (ave 41.41) in 21 matches, including five fifties, is the most by a Sri Lankan batsman in the ICC Champions Trophy.
* Jayawardene’s aggregate is bettered only by Chris Gayle in the ICC Champions Trophy – 791 (ave 52.73) in 17 games.
* Jayawardene has received his second Man of the Match award vs Australia – his 19th in ODIs.
* Clint McKay has bagged 22 wickets (ave 21.22) in thirteen matches – the most by an Australian bowler in ODIs this year.
* Lahiru Thirimanne (57 off 86 balls) has recorded his first fifty in the ICC Champions Trophy – his fifth half – century in ODIs is his second vs Australia.
* Dilshan and Thirimanne have shared 72 – Sri Lanka’s highest third-wicket stand vs Australia in the ICC Champions Trophy.
* Angelo Matthews has managed 40 runs in four innings at an average of 10.00 as captain in ODIs.
* Jayawardene and Chandimal were involved in a stand of 65 – Sri Lanka’s highest sixth-wicket stand against Australia in the ICC Champions Trophy.
* Nuwan Kulasekara (3/42) has recorded his best bowling figures in the ICC Champions Trophy – his best in England in ODIs.
* Kulasekara has become the seventh bowler to complete 150 wickets or more for Sri Lanka in ODIs.
* Dilshan, with two catches, has completed his 100 catches in ODIs.
* Glenn Maxwell (32 off 20 balls) has posted his highest score in the ICC Champions Trophy – his highest vs Sri Lanka in ODIs.