1. A doctor by profession, Indian-born Chitra Bharucha was in the news recently on being appointed the acting Chairman of one of the more venerable organisations of our times. Which one?
2. Pentax, the Japanese maker of cameras that's not quite managed to make it big in the digital photography area, is being acquired by which specialist glass manufacturer?
3. Sinopia Asset Management is an outfit that specialises in providing investment solutions based on quantitative techniques. Which leading global financial services group is it a part of?
4. This outfit came about by a merger between Confinity and X.com a few years ago; the company, now known by a different name, is engaged in the business of online money transfers and was acquired by eBay in 2002. Name it.
5. First-time users signing up for Yahoo, for example, are required to punch in a string of obscure/distorted characters that are written against a coloured gradient. Name the term for this, which is a trademark of Carnegie Mellon University.
6. If you find yourself at 100 North Riverside, Chicago, Illinois State, where would you be?
7. The roots of this company go back to 1865, courtesy the enterprise of a mining engineer called Frederik Idestam.
The company's profile has undergone a complete change and it is globally the most well known name in the business it operates in currently. Name it.
8. This company started off making fountain pens in the early 1900s and was known then as Simplo Filler Pen Company.
The company has now become a marquee international brand. What do we know it as?
9. Life with the computer would be a lot tougher these days without this gentleman's invention: the mouse. Name him.
10. Amidst rising shareholder criticism that his sizeable pay packet was simply not justified by the continued poor showing of the company's stock, Robert Nardelli resigned as the Chief Executive of which outfit a few days ago?
1. The BBC Trust
2. Hoya of Japan
6. The corporate headquarters of Boeing
7. Mobile phone manufacturer Nokia
9. Douglas Engelbart
10. The Home Depot
Compiled by Nath Balakrishnan
(This article was published in the Business Line print edition dated January 7, 2007)