Companies

Holland & Sherry ties up with SK Birla Group

Our Bureau New Delhi | Updated on January 16, 2018 Published on October 13, 2016

British luxury fabric maker Holland & Sherry (H&S) has launched its operations in India through a joint venture with SK Birla Group. The brand was in the news when Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s wore his much-talked about monogrammed suit during US President Barack Obama’s visit to India last year.

While H&S owns 51 per cent in the joint venture company called Holland & Sherry India Pvt Ltd, the remaining 49 per cent is held by Birla Holding Ltd. The company’s fabric collection is now available with over 100 dealer outlets.

“After developing markets, such as US and Europe, we have decided to shift our focus to markets, such as China and India that offer the best growth opportunities for the next few years,” Frank O’Reilly, Chief Operating Officer, Holland & Sherry, said.

The brand is well known for supplying premium fabrics to fashion houses and retailers across the globe. O’ Reilly said in Europe, the consumers have already shifted to bespoke and customised products, unlike in India where brands matter more. He said the company would focus on first building its brand in the country and then making them aware about the benefits of customised products.

“We want to grow our India business four times in the next four years,” he said, but did not specify the exact turnover. The company offers fabrics that range between ₹10,000 and ₹15 lakh a metre.

H&S India said it plans to grow the number of outlets by 15-20 per cent in the next 4-5 years and will focus on reaching out to more outlets with shop-n-shop format.

Published on October 13, 2016
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor