Economy

DK Milk Union to roll out cattle insurance scheme from June 1

A J Vinayak Mangaluru | Updated on May 26, 2020

The Dakshina Kannada Cooperative Milk Producers’ Union Ltd (DK Milk Union) will implement cattle insurance scheme from June 1.

Raviraj Hegde, President of the Union, said that around one lakh cattle will be covered under the insurance scheme this year.

He said that while the DK Milk Unionwill pay 75 per cent of the premium for insurance cover, the members will have to bear the remaining 25 per cent. The milk union has earmarked ₹6 crore for this scheme.

He added that the members of the milk producers’ union suffer a huge loss when livestock die. Some members find it difficult to continue dairying activities due to such cases.

The insurance scheme is aimed at encouraging farmers to take up dairy farming, and act as a safety net.

Published on May 26, 2020

Follow us on Telegram, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Linkedin. You can also download our Android App or IOS App.

This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

You May Also Like