Markets

HDFC Bank plans to buy CCIL stake

Our Bureau Mumbai | Updated on November 20, 2018 Published on November 20, 2018

HDFC Bank said on Tuesday that it has plans to acquire 4 per cent stake in Clearing Corporation of India (CCIL) from Bank of Baroda. The acquisition for about ₹124 crore is likely to be completed by end of December. “The bank currently holds 5 per cent of the total equity capital of CCIL. Hence, it is proposed to increase the stake in CCIL to 9 per cent from the current 5 per cent from an investment perspective,” the lender said in a regulatory filing. Prior approval of the RBI is required for the transaction, it said.

Follow us on Telegram, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Linkedin. You can also download our Android App or IOS App.

Published on November 20, 2018
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor