National

Fire at Ahmedabad building causes panic

Our Bureau Ahmedabad | Updated on January 16, 2018 Published on December 19, 2016

A massive fire broke out at a high-rise commercial complex on the outskirts of Ahmedabad on Monday morning causing panic in the surrounding area.

No casualty was reported in the fire, which started through the cable duct. The building houses premium showrooms, including a BMW car showroom, and offices.

According to fire safety officials, the fire started in the cable duct due to a short circuit, and slowly smoke covered the entire building, where about 150-200 people were reported to be working. No injuries were reported. Two fire tenders and two water browsers were rushed to the spot to douse the fire.

Published on December 19, 2016
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor