National

Madhya Pradesh to form joint venture with Railways

Press Trust of India Bhopal | Updated on January 12, 2018 Published on February 07, 2017

The Madhya Pradesh government will form a joint venture company with the ministry of railways for expansion of railway network in the State.

“The state cabinet, chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, on Tuesday gave its nod to the proposal of forming a JVC with the ministry of railways for expansion of railway network in the State,” Madhya Pradesh Finance Minister Jayant Malaiya told reporters here.

Stake-holding pattern

The State government will have 51 per cent share and the Railways remaining 49 per cent share in the JVC, he added. “We will prepare the proposal of laying rail network and prepare projects according to priorities and requirements. These projects would be implemented through this JVC,” said the Minister.

To a question, Malaiya said the state government would arrange funds through different sources in addition to provision in the state Budget.

“We have initially set up a fund worth ₹100 crore for this JVC. The funds for the JVC projects would be arranged through the state’s kitty along with borrowing through financial institutions,” he added.



Published on February 07, 2017
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor