World

Egypt pressurise Google after YouTube ban

PTI Cairo | Updated on March 12, 2018 Published on February 13, 2013

Egypt’s telecommunication authority yesterday said that all Google services must be shut down to fully suspend YouTube in the country over an anti-Muslim film.

Head of Egypt’s National Telecommunication Regulatory Authority Abdal-Rahamn al-Sawi said that in order to shut down YouTube in Egypt, as per a court verdict, all Google services must be shut down along as Google provides its services over several servers.

The Egyptian administrative court had ordered that video-sharing website YouTube be blocked for a month for hosting the anti-Islam film that triggered deadly outrage across the Muslim world last year.

The court obligated that Egyptian authorities take measures to block access to the site for a month, after a complaint by an Egyptian who accused YouTube of being a “threat to social peace” by putting the US-made film on line.

Follow us on Telegram, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Linkedin. You can also download our Android App or IOS App.

Published on February 13, 2013
null
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor