A major fire broke out in the electrical and electronics market in central Delhi’s Chandni Chowk this evening, fire brigade officials said.

The blaze erupted at the Bhagirathi Palace market, which sells electrical and electronics items, at around 5.10 p.m. and over 20 fire tenders were rushed to the spot.

A short circuit is suspected to be responsible for the fire.

Rescue workers evacuated people and barricaded the area to ensure smooth operations of the fire brigade.

(This article was published on December 13, 2012)
XThese are links to The Hindu Business Line suggested by Outbrain, which may or may not be relevant to the other content on this page. You can read Outbrain's privacy and cookie policy here.