Hrithik Roshan co-owned apparel brand, HRX, is looking to expand overseas. The company is eyeing Canada, North America, the UAE, the UK and other European nations. Test marketing started in Canada about a month ago back and is expected to start operations are expected to start in North America shortly.

Hrithik and Exceed Entertainment together own 49 per cent in HRX while e-tailer Myntra owns the remaining 51 per cent . In India, HRX retails primarily on Walmart-owned Flipkart and its on other entities, including Myntra and Jabong. The portfolio includes apparels, footwear, accessories and inner-wear.

Already profitable, the company is expecting to close the current fiscal with a turnover of ₹300 crore. Kamal Punwani, chief strategy office, HRX, said the company will look to leverage the Walmart network for its overseas foray. Currently, the brand will be sold overseas through Walmart’s online channels.

“We are planning to expand overseas targeting primarily the Indian diaspora in markets like Canada, North America, the UAE, Far East, the UK and other European nations. Test marketing has begun,” he told BusinessLine . HRX is one of the largest homegrown active-wear brands and it competes with select offerings from Nike, Adidas and Puma. Other Indian active-wear and celebrity brands that it competes with include ‘Shiv Naresh’, MS Dhoni’s ‘Seven’ and Tiger Shroff’s ‘Prowl’.

The size of Indian sportswear and active-wear market was pegged at at ₹37,000 crore in 2016, according to sources. The industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.3 per cent till 2021,

HRX, aAccording to Punwani said HRX is planning to expand offline in India, modalities of which are being worked out. “By the end of 2019, our brick and mortar stores should be ready,” he said.

The brand is also interested in exploring adjacencies. Recently, it picked up equity in the health and wellness start-up Curefit.