Apple has rolled out a beta programme to enable 5G services on iPhone devices. According to reports, the services are available in select cities.
Users will need the latest iOS 16.2 beta software. According to reports, iPhones 12 and above come with 5G support.
How to install iOS 16.2
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Click on software update.
- Download and install the iOS 16.2 update on your device.
How to register for Apple beta software programme
- Go to the Apple beta software programme website and sign up.
- Enter your Apple ID and password and follow the on-screen instructions.
How to activate 5G
- Go to Settings.
- Click on mobile data.
- Choose data option. The ‘5G Auto’ option will let you automatically shift between networks, depending on availability.
Also read: Lawsuit claims Apple, Amazon colluded to raise iPhone and iPad prices
Comments have to be in English, and in full sentences. They cannot be abusive or personal. Please abide by our community guidelines for posting your comments.
We have migrated to a new commenting platform. If you are already a registered user of TheHindu Businessline and logged in, you may continue to engage with our articles. If you do not have an account please register and login to post comments. Users can access their older comments by logging into their accounts on Vuukle.