Social Media

Twitter pulls down Trump’s controversial campaign video

Prashasti Awasthi Mumbai | Updated on June 05, 2020 Published on June 05, 2020

Taking the virtual war ahead, Microblogging site Twitter has pulled down the United States President Donald Trump’s controversial campaign video paying tribute to a black man who died in police custody. The video was 3.40-minute-long and was tweeted on June 3, as per the Reuters report.

According to a Twitter representative who spoke to Reuters, Twitter disabled the video on the US President's campaign account was affected by its copyright policy. "We respond to valid copyright complaints sent to us by a copyright owner or their authorized representatives," he said.

The clip is still on YouTube and has garnered over 60,000 views and 13,000 likes.

This came in the wake of the ongoing spat between Trump and Twitter. Last week, the social media site flagged one of Trump’s post on mail-in voting by calling it inaccurate. This infuriated Trump who called for heightened monitoring of all social media platforms.

In the campaign video, Trump expressed his condolences to late George Floyd and said that it was a “great tragedy.” The US President later in the video asks people against taking up "violence and anarchy" from getting influenced by "radical left-wing groups".The video also showed the images of riots and looting, before the clip moves on to show police officers hugging people.

US civil rights groups on Thursday filed a case against Trump after security forces shot pepper balls and smoke bombs to clear protesters outside the White House.

Published on June 05, 2020
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor