Ending years of waiting for youth, Telangana to fill 80,039 vacancies

K V Kurmanath | | Updated on: Mar 09, 2022
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao

Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao

95% jobs reserved for locals in various zones

Ending years of uncertainty over recruitment and waiting for the unemployed, Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao has said the State government will fill up 91,142 jobs, including regularisation of the jobs of 11,103 contract employees in various departments.

“The Government will immediately release notifications for 80,039 jobs,” he said. In order to make those who had crossed the limit, the Government has extended the age limit to 44 years in case of other cases and 49 for those belonging to Backward Classes, Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled castes.

The age limit for the physically challenged is put at 54 years, while for ex-Servicemen it is 47 years.

Armed with a Presidential Order, the Government has reserved 95 per cent of the jobs to locals in 33 districts, zones and multi-zones, making others to compete for the remaining 5 per cent of jobs.

Making a statement in the Assembly on Wednesday, the Chief Minister said the Government had made relentless effort to get the Presidential Orders to ensure jobs for locals.

“We have made umpteen attempts to get the Presidential Order to pave the way for reserving 95 per cent of the jobs to locals. From the post of attender to an officer post, we can reserve the jobs for locals,” he said, adding that even the remaining 5 per cent jobs were “not reserved for non locals” and were open for anybody, including Telanganaites. He claimed that the Government had so far filled up 1.34 lakh jobs, of the previously sanctioned 1.56 lakh jobs.

Vacancies

The 80,039 vacancies include 18,334 in Home Dept, 13,086 in School Education, 7,878 in Higher Education, 12,755 in Medical Health and 3,560 in Revenue departments.

He spoke about the problems faced by Telangana in the undivided State in the fields of irrigation, agriculture, employment and culture. Stating that the region suffered heavily in all sectors, he said that the people had fought for 15 years to achieve a separate State.

“Now we stand first in the country in terms of GSDP growth and per capita income. We maintain fiscal prudence and don’t default on payments. That is the reason our bonds, even if sold with a time-frame of 40 years, are bought within no time,” he said.

A break-up of vacancies in various government departments in Telangana

A break-up of vacancies in various government departments in Telangana

The Chief Minister said that the State Government had decided to prepare an annual calendar for recruitments and give enough time for candidates to appear for the tests in advance. An annual calendar for recruitments will be published and recruitments will be taken up in a transparent manner. Accordingly, all the departments will prepare the details of vacancies arising every year and keep them ready for giving indents to the respective recruitment agencies.

Published on March 09, 2022
COMMENTS
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

You May Also Like

Recommended for you