World

US offers assistance to quake-hit Iran

PTI Washington | Updated on August 13, 2012

Sending condolences for the loss of life, the United States has offered assistance to the earthquake hit Iran.

“We stand ready to offer assistance in this difficult time,” White House Press Secretary Jay Carney had said yesterday.

“The American people send the Iranian people our deepest condolences for the loss of life in the tragic earthquake in northwestern Iran,” he said.

According to reports, the two back to back earthquakes in Iran last week killed about 300 people and injured 5,000.

“Our thoughts are with the families of those who were lost, and we wish the wounded a speedy recovery,” Carney said in a statement.

Follow us on Telegram, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Linkedin. You can also download our Android App or IOS App.

Published on August 13, 2012
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor