On Campus

New-age entrepreneurs are rising against all odds

Our Bureau Bangalore Mar. 5 | Updated on March 05, 2014

Santhanam Ganesh, Customer Relations Manager, Syndicate Bank, at Sree Venkateshwara College of Science and Management Studies in Bangalore.





The new age entrepreneurs are driving India’s economy and they have dispelled a myth that entrepreneurship in India was community-driven, said Santhanam Ganesh, Customer Relations Manager, Syndicate Bank.

Delivering a lecture on entrepreneurship organised by the Business Line Club and sponsored by Syndicate Bank in Sree Venkateshwara College of Science and Management Studies, he told students to replicate the success of new age entrepreneurs as the open economy provided them with ample possibilities and opportunities.

Confidence

Quoting examples of some present day successful entrepreneurs, he said that self-belief and confidence coupled with determination as well as positive attitude differentiated them from others and these qualities had taken them to greater heights.

Ganesh told students that these entrepreneurs were not afraid of failures and constantly pursued their dreams.

Highlighting the importance of possessing great ideas and quoting the example of an Indian software monolith, he said that the promoters started the company with just ₹10,000 but they had a great idea and pursued their dreams with passion. “Capital is important but you must have great idea. A honeybee must tap two million flowers to make one pound of honey. And, remember the sweetest reward comes from the hardest struggle,” Ganesh said.

Icebergs

He also told the students that the iceberg phenomenon was applicable to human beings too.

He said only 10 per cent of any iceberg was visible and the remaining 90 per cent was below sea level.

“Similarly, the attitude of a person that constitutes values, standards, judgments, and motives, ethics and beliefs, is unknown to others, while behaviour is visible to others and hence, developing right attitude is crucial for the growth of an individual,” Ganesh said.

V.M. Ravi, co-ordinator, Sree Venkateshwara College of Science and Management Studies was also present at the event.

Published on March 05, 2014

Follow us on Telegram, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Linkedin. You can also download our Android App or IOS App.

This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

You May Also Like