Here’s a challenge. Using the five clues below, identify the company that is being talked about here.
1. I am the largest in India in my business and one of the top 5 globally, with just 6 operating locations but serve 100+ million customers annually.
2. No other first-generation entrepreneur would have pursued the variety of businesses my founder pioneered before becoming a billionaire. This is in spite of his being the first graduate from his family with rural background.
3. My recent annual report begins with values and beliefs I would like to be identified with, explained nicely with photos of Warren Buffett, Mother Teresa, Swami Vivekananda, Sardar Patel, Mahatma Gandhiji, JRD Tata and Tenzing.
4. I have delivered more than 4 times’ return to my shareholders over the last 5 years. But the company that I spun off with all non-core assets is yet to deliver any returns since listing.
5. Though the board has only the founder’s family and classmate in executive roles and the rest are independent, I have been working hard to professionalise my executive management.
Send your answers by Wednesday 6 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your full name, postal address and phone number.
A lucky winner in each week will get a book sponsored by UNIFI Capital as a reward.
Last week’s stock: Ratnamani Metals & Tubes Ltd
Last week’s winner: Chumki Banerjee