Managing Director, Wonderla Holidays
1. I spend 15-30 mins in the morning on breathing and meditation. It’s a mix of techniques like kapalbhati and guided meditation. I also spend a few minutes everyday drawing. I stretch for five minutes after every hour of sitting in meetings. It relaxes my mind and improves blood flow in the body.
2. I spare one-and-half hours every five days to focus on physical fitness. It includes strength and endurance training three days a week. The remaining two days, I run or do other forms of cardio-based exercise.
3. I limit screen time in the mornings, after waking up and an hour before bed at night. I do not take my phone to bed and avoid watching news on television to reduce screen time. I prefer to read the newspaper instead.
4. Getting enough sleep is crucial for the better functioning of mind and body. I get at least seven hours of sleep, avoid alcohol, coffee and tea — it interferes with sleep.
5. I undertake intermittent fasting five days a week. It’s a 16-hour fast from 8 pm to 2 pm. I avoid too much sugar, spice and salt and strike a balance between meat, vegetables, and carbohydrate intake.
Comments have to be in English, and in full sentences. They cannot be abusive or personal. Please abide by our community guidelines for posting your comments.
We have migrated to a new commenting platform. If you are already a registered user of TheHindu Businessline and logged in, you may continue to engage with our articles. If you do not have an account please register and login to post comments. Users can access their older comments by logging into their accounts on Vuukle.