Statistical highlights of the Group 2 match between India and Australia at the ICC World Cup Twenty20 here.
* Yuvraj Singh, with 939 runs (ave 32.37) in 38 games, is the top run-scorer for India in T20Is, eclipsing Gautam Gambhir’s tally of 932 (ave 27.41) in 37 games. His eight fifties is a record by an Indian batsman in T20Is, bettering the seven each by Gautam Gambhir and Rohit Sharma.
* Yuvraj’s batting record against Australia is superb in T20Is, managing 247 (ave 61.75) runs in six innings, including three fifties. He has become the leading run-getter in India-Australia T20Is, outstripping Gautam Gambhir’s tally of 198 (ave 33.00) in seven innings.
* Yuvraj became the first batsman to post three fifty-plus innings in India-Australia T20Is. He had scored an unbeaten 77 off 35 balls at Rajkot on October 10, 2013 and 70 off 30 balls at Durban on September 22, 2007.
* Yuvraj (60 off 43 balls) has registered his highest score in T20Is in Bangladesh.
* India’s marvellous 73-run win is its second largest in terms of runs in T20Is – the largest is by 90 runs against England at Colombo (RPS) on September 23, 2012.
* Australia’s 73-run loss is its third biggest in terms of runs in T20Is – the two largest being by 100 runs to England at Southampton on June 13, 2005 and by 74 runs to the West Indies at the World Twenty20 at Colombo (RPS) on October 5, 2012.
* India has won six games in a row at the World T20 between September 30, 2012 and March 30, 2014, equalling its previous best winning sequence between September 19, 2007 and June 10, 2009.
* Australia’s 86 is its lowest total at the World T20 – its second lowest in T20Is – the lowest being 79 vs England at Southampton on June 13, 2005.
* The only other occasion when Australia recorded a score of less than 100 is 89 against Pakistan at Dubai (DSC) on September 5, 2012.
* Virat Kohli, with 170 runs (ave 85.00) in four innings, is the leading run-getter for India in the present tournament.
* Yuvraj’s sixes’ tally of 63 is the highest by an Indian batsman in Twenty20.
* Ravichandran Ashwin (4/11) has recorded his best bowling figures in T20Is, surpassing the 2 for 15 against Bangladesh at Dhaka on March 28, 2014. His superb performance is the best by an Indian bowler in T20Is, bettering Harbhajan Singh’s figures of four for 12 against England at Colombo (RPS) on September 23, 2012.
* Ashwin became the first bowler to claim four wickets in an innings against Australia at the World Twenty20.
* Ashwin has received his second Man of the Match award in T20Is – in consecutive games — one each against Bangladesh and Australia.