Hyderabad’s Rajiv Gandhi International Airport has been ranked as the world’s eighth best in a survey conducted by AirHelp.
AirHelp is an organisation that specialises in air-traveller rights and seeks compensation in cases of delays or cancellations.
According to the data collected, the New Jersey Hub was ranked as the worst airport in the United States (US) in the 2019.
Qatar Airways ranked as the top airline for the second consecutive year, followed by American Airlines, Aeromexico, SAS Scandinavian Airlines,and Qantas in the top five. At the bottom of the list were Ryanair, Korean Air, Kuwait Airways, the United Kingdom’s (UK) EasyJet and Thomas Cook Airlines.
Here are the 10 best airports for 2019
1. Hamad International Airport, Qatar (DOH)
2. Tokyo International Airport, Japan (HND)
3. Athens International Airport, Greece(ATH)
4. Afonso Pena International Airport, Brazil (CWB)
5. Gdansk Lech Wasa Airport, Poland (GDN)
6. Sheremetyevo International Airport, Russia (SVO)
7. Changi Airport Singapore, Singapore (SIN)
8. Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, India (HYD)
9. Tenerife North Airport, Spain (TFN)
10. Viracopos/Campinas International Airport, Brazil (VCP)
Take a look at the 10 worst airports for 2019
1. London Gatwick Airport, United Kingdom (LGW)
2. Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, Canada (YTZ)
3. Porto Airport, Portugal (OPO)
4. Paris Orly Airport, France (ORY)
5. Manchester Airport, United Kingdom (MAN)
6. Malta International Airport, Malta (MLA)
7. Henri CoandaInternational Airport, Romania (OTP)
8. Eindhoven Airport, Netherlands (EIN)
9. Kuwait International Airport, Kuwait (KWI)
10. Lisbon Portela Airport, Portugal (LIS)
“One area in which many airlines need to improve is claim-processing operations,” says Henrik Zillmer, AirHelps chief executive officer (CEO). He added that Instead of cancelling a flight as soon as it is clear that an airplane will not be able to fly, many force passengers to wait in the airport during long flight delays. “They are not economically incentivised to put you on a different airline to get you to your destination, he says, hoping that rankings like this can shed light on how airlines are falling short and motivate them to step up service,” Zillmer explains.
10 top airlines for 2019 9 (on-time performance)
1. Qatar Airways
2. American Airlines
4. SAS Scandinavian Airlines
6. LATAM Airlines
9. Austrian Airlines
The 10 Worst Airlines of 2019 (on-time performance)
1. Adria Airways
2. Aerolineas Argentinas
7. Korean Air
8. Kuwait Airways
10. Thomas Cook Airlines .