Every year, WhatsApp takes a call to cut down its support to various smartphones, and this year is no different. With 2022 approaching to an end, WhatsApp has listed out the models that would not support the social app beyond December 31.
WhatsApp’s decision to end support for a few models in Android and iPhone should not be a great deal as the list calls out are either old or outdated operating system. For the models listed, WhatsApp will not roll out any updates or feature, and eventually the service would stop.
WhatsApp has listed 49 smartphone models, including Samsung, Apple, Sony, that will stop supporting the social messaging app after December 31.
- Apple iPhone: Apple iPhone 5, Apple iPhone 5c.
- Archos 53 Platinum
- Grand S Flex ZTE
- Grand X Quad V987 ZTE
- Huawei: Ascend D, Ascend D1, Ascend D2, Ascend G740, Ascend Mate, Ascend P1.
- HTC Desire 500
- LG: LG Enact, Lucid 2, Optimus 4X HD, Optimus F3, Optimus F3Q, Optimus F5, Optimus F6, Optimus F7, Optimus L2 II, Optimus L3 II, Optimus L3 II Dual, Optimus L4 II, Optimus L4 II Dual, Optimus L5, Optimus L5 Dual, Optimus L5 II, Optimus L7, Optimus L7 II, Optimus L7 II Dual, Optimus Nitro HD.
- Lenovo A820
- Memo ZTE V956
- Quad XL
- Sony: Xperia Arc S, Xperia miro, Xperia Neo L
- Samsung: Galaxy Ace 2, Galaxy Core, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3 mini, Galaxy Trend II, Galaxy Trend Lite, Galaxy Xcover 2.
- Sony: Xperia Arc S, Xperia miro, Xperia Neo L.
- Wiko Cink Five
- Wiko Darknight ZT
Comments have to be in English, and in full sentences. They cannot be abusive or personal. Please abide by our community guidelines for posting your comments.
We have migrated to a new commenting platform. If you are already a registered user of TheHindu Businessline and logged in, you may continue to engage with our articles. If you do not have an account please register and login to post comments. Users can access their older comments by logging into their accounts on Vuukle.