Twitter owner Elon Musk told employees on Thursday that he is not sure how much run rate the company has and that bankruptcy is not out of the question, the Managing Editor of tech newsletter Platformer tweeted.
Musk is participating in an all-hands meeting with Twitter employees, a source told Reuters. Twitter did not immediately reply to an emailed request for comment from Reuters.
In another news report by The Information, Elon Musk told Twitter employees on Thursday the company may have a “net negative cash flow of several billion dollars”.
Stay updated with all news on Twitter. Read reports below:
- Twitter sacks most of 200 India staff as part of Musk’s global layoff
- Twitter India reports ₹32-crore loss in FY22
- Twitter users face issues amid layoffs by Elon Musk
- Musk sells $3.95 billion of Tesla stock after buying Twitter
- Elon Musk just killed the official label on Twitter accounts
- Twitter’s gray ‘official’ labels return for some accounts
- Twitter rolls out $7.99 blue tick verification
- With Musk bid back on, Twitter employees ‘just along for the ride’
- Twitter sued for mass layoffs by Musk without enough notice
- Opinion: Musk’s Twitter: Look after you leap
- Opinion: Is Musk tweeting away his riches?